Historia Battles Call for European Liberation
Historia-Battles is a 2D multiplatform turn-based strategy game reproducing real historical battles.
Inspired by classic chess game and traditional war board game, the main game philosophy is player involvement in real historical context, fun and challenge, keeping low game complexity and time to learn.
The reproduced battles are:
- 1943 A.D. Sicily Battle
- 1943 A.D. Salerno Battle
- 1944 A.D. Montecassino Battle
- 1944 A.D. Dday Utah Beach Battle
- 1944 A.D. Dday Omaha Beach Battle
- 1944 A.D. Operation Cobra Battle
- 1944 A.D. Falaise Pocket Battle
- 1944 A.D. Southern France
- 1944 A.D. Ardennes
Rules of the game:
- Victory condition: all enemy units killed or enemy home conquered.
- Unit has specific attack, fire range and defend points are influenced also by ground type.
- An unit increases experience,attack and defend points, also recovers all life points, when kills an enemy unit.
- Flank Attack: A unit attacked from side or back is heavy damaged considering zero defend points.
- A unit attacked and damaged can not move in the same turn.
- Unit severely wounded causes panic damage to near ones.
- Unit located near home location gets some healing points for each turn.
- Out of Supply feature: Unit Movement and Attack are blocked in the next turn if the enemy conquests the supply source city (supply truck icon and path).
- Road movement feature: If a unit ends its turn on a road square (icon jeep) its movements are increased by 1 point in the next turn.
Unit detail table:
AI unit game logic:
Each unit type has different attack\defend logic, both depends from:
- unit damage status
- unit location type
- all friends\enemy units in visibility range
Used Open Source Components (desktop version only):
JDOM XML API from www.jdom.org
- Zoom in-out feature to have a large view of the battlefield
- Unit Movement area graphical representation
- Unit Fire Range area graphical representation
- Network multiplayer game fully playable
- Hall of Fame: Best score for each battle scenario
- Hall of Fame: Internet Player Rankings using nickname
- Hall of Fame: Multiple device support for each internet player
- Devices Supported: minimum graphic resolution requirement 320x480
Appliv Review: https://app-liv.com/android/en/2818839